Annual Summit 2020: Improving Outcomes Now
Our Annual Summit 2020: Improving Outcomes Now is an essential event for anyone with an interest in pancreatic cancer.
In the last fifty years, pancreatic cancer survival rates have barely changed and recent data shows concerning variation in the treatment and care people receive. We can’t afford to wait – by tackling this inconsistency we can change outcomes for those diagnosed with pancreatic cancer now and we need your help to make that happen.
At this Summit, we’ll be focusing on three areas where we believe we can make changes in 2020 to improve outcomes for patients now: improving access to chemotherapy and optimal nutritional care, and speeding up the pathway from diagnosis to treatment.
Through keynote speakers, workshops and a panel discussion, we’ll explore the latest developments and opportunities and work together as an active community to determine what needs to change to ensure everyone diagnosed gets the best care and treatment for them.
Our speakers include:
- Dr Juan Valle, Professor of Medical Oncology, University of Manchester
- Ms Oonagh Griffin, Pancreatic Cancer Specialist Dietitian, St Vincent's Hospital Dublin
- Dr Andrew Millar, Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist, North Middlesex Hospital
- Dr Andrew Hart, Professor of Gastroenterology, Norwich Medical School
- Dr Janet Graham, Consultant Medical Oncologist, Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre
- Mr Alastair Young, Consultant Pancreaticobiliary Surgeon, St James's University Hospital, Leeds
- Mr Nicholas Owen, Broadcaster and Journalist
This unmissable one-day event is the only Summit that brings together over 250 health professionals, researchers, policy makers, charities, patients, carers and our supporters from across the pancreatic cancer community to share, learn, network and collaborate.
It’s free to attend, you just need to register to book your place. If you work for a pharmaceutical or product device company, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how you can attend this event.
- Venue: etc venues 155 Bishopsgate, Liverpool Street, London EC2M 3YD, United Kingdom
- Date: Monday 30 March 2020
- Time: 9.00am - 4.30pm
There are a number of affordable hotels within walking distance of the venue such as hub by Premier Inn London Spitalfields from £42.50, Travelodge London Central City Road from £34.99, Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) from £41 and Premier Inn London City (Aldgate) from £41. All prices are per person per night (based on Sunday 29 March) as of 25 November 2019.
We appreciate that it can be difficult for some people to cover the costs of attending the Annual Summit and would like to help where we can. We are pleased to offer a limited number of bursaries to assist with travel and/or accommodation for:
- Health professionals who live and work outside of a London Borough.
- Supporters (people with a personal experience of pancreatic cancer) who live outside of a London Borough.
If you feel you would benefit from a bursary, please tick the box when you register. We will send you further information and you will need to complete an application form.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
We hope you’ll be able to join us to play a vital role in improving outcomes now.