Emotional Support & Pancreatic Cancer - London 2020
On Monday 2 March we're holding a free educational session at The Foundry in Vauxhall facilitated by Counselling Psychologist, Lucy Davidson and Clinical Psychologist, Emma Porter.
This event is now fully booked. If you'd like to be added to the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specifically designed for Clinical Nurse Specialists working with pancreatic cancer patients, this workshop will offer an opportunity in an interactive and informal setting, to explore and reflect on some of the emotional challenges of pancreatic cancer. There will be a chance to refresh and enhance your psychological skills, develop a better understanding of patient needs and consider the impact that this work has on you.
The day will explore:
- The common psychological difficulties for patients living with pancreatic cancer
- How you can assess and explore a patient’s emotional wellbeing in a contained and focused way
- Useful tips and skills to help you navigate challenging patient conversations and situations
- What your own limitations and challenges are and how to be more aware of how these may impact your work
- How you can support yourself and your colleagues in your work
This event is for you if you are a: Clinical Nurse Specialist or a nurse working with people affected by pancreatic cancer on a regular basis.
As a delegate you can expect to:
- Hear and learn from peers in a supportive and interactive environment
- Recognise psychological issues that patients are facing, and their systemic impact on the family
- Develop boundaries and learn important self care techniques to improve your own self awareness
- Develop your listening and supportive skills, including some simple tips you can use in your work with patients
- Better understand the resources and information available to you, especially considering when and how to refer on
- Date: Monday 2 March 2020
- Time: 09.15 - 16.00 (registration 09.15 - 09.30)
- Venue: The Foundry, 17 Oval Way, London SE11 5RR