Login to Pancreatic Cancer UK

Kilimanjaro Summit Climb

01 July 2019 - 31 October 2020 Start time: 8:00 AM Registration fee: £575 or £625 depending on the route

Book Now - Kilimanjaro Summit Climb - Lemosho Route

Book Now - Kilimanjaro Summit Climb - Rongai Route

What: Located on the North Eastern tip of Tanzania, Mount Kilimanjaro is one of the world's highest peaks at 5895m. Your challenge is to reach its summit. 

When: Charity Challenge run the treks from June to October. Take part on a date that suits you. 

Participation: The team size will be between 20 and 30 participants.

Preparation & Training: Training and a good level of fitness is definitely required due to the terrain and high altitude.  Anyone who leads a fairly active and moderately healthy lifestyle should be OK with training. Remember the more time you put in training the more you will get from the experience. Pancreatic Cancer UK will offer you support and advice to help with your training.

Lemosho Route

This Kilimanjaro trek begins in the lush rainforests of the Lemosho Glades, climbing towards the Shira Plateau. From here it follows the Southern Flank, Barranco Wall and Barafu Route to the summit.

1. Self Funder 

  • Registration Fee: £575
  • Balance Payment (due 8 weeks before your challenge): £2,671.00
  • Fundraise as much as you can for Pancreatic Cancer UK. 

2. Minimum Sponsorship: 

  • Registration fee: £575
  • Fundraising target: £5,450.00

At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£4,360.00) must be sent to Pancreatic Cancer UK 10 weeks before departure and the remaining 20% (£1,090.00) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge. If you have raised the necessary funds, Pancreatic Cancer UK will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). 

3. Flexi Option:

  • Registration fee: £575
  • Fundraising target: £3,665
  • Further personal contribution towards challenge costs 8 weeks before departure: £875

At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£2,932.00) must be sent to Pancreatic Cancer UK 10 weeks before departure, and the remaining 20% (£733.00) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge. If you have raised the necessary funds, Pancreatic Cancer UK will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target).

Rongai Route

This challenge takes you up the beautiful Rongai route ascending through a variety of farmland and forest with the opportunity for wildlife spotting. At night the temperatures drop considerably offering clear skies and star studded skies. 

1. Self Funder 

  • Registration Fee: £625
  • Balance Payment (due 8 weeks before your challenge): £2,448
  • Fundraise as much as you can for Pancreatic Cancer UK. 

2. Minimum Sponsorship

  • Registration fee: £625
  • Fundraising target: £4,995

At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£3,996.00) must be sent to Pancreatic Cancer UK 10 weeks before departure and the remaining 20% (£999.00) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge. If you have raised the necessary funds, Pancreatic Cancer UK will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). 

3. Flexi Option:

  • Registration fee: £625
  • Fundraising target: £3,720
  • Further personal contribution towards challenge costs 8 weeks before departure: £625

At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£2,976.00) must be sent to Pancreatic Cancer UK 10 weeks before departure, and the remaining 20% (£744.00) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge. If you have raised the necessary funds, Pancreatic Cancer UK will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target).

Whatever fundraising option and trip you choose, the team at Pancreatic Cancer UK are here to help!

What's Next: BOOK NOW! Remember to select Pancreatic Cancer UK as your chosen charity. 

Book Now - Kilimanjaro Summit Climb - Lemosho Route

Book Now - Kilimanjaro Summit Climb - Rongai Route