Login to Pancreatic Cancer UK

Everest Base Camp

26 September 2019 - 18 October 2020 Start time: 12:00 PM Registration fee: £495

What: Follow in the footsteps made famous by Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay as you trek to Everest Base Camp and stand in the shadows of the tallest mountain. 

Your trek will be begin in Lukla and you will wind through the forests of Khumbu, traversing gorges, rivers and making your way through Sherpa villages. The higher you go the harder the treks becomes but, the incredible views and support from your fellow participants will take you mind off things. 

When: Charity Challenge run the treks from March to October. Take part on a date that suits you. 

Participation: The team size will be between 20 and 30 participants.

Preparation & Training: Training and a good level of fitness is definitely required due to the terrain and high altitude.  Anyone who leads a fairly active and moderately healthy lifestyle should be OK with training. Remember the more time you put in training the more you will get from the experience. Pancreatic Cancer UK will offer you support and advice to help with your training. 

Book now

Sponsorship & Deadlines:

1. Self Funder 

  • Registration Fee: £495
  • Balance Payment (due 8 weeks before your challenge): £2,083.00
  • Fundraise as much as you can for Pancreatic Cancer UK. 

2. Minimum Sponsorship: 

  • Registration fee: £495
  • Fundraising target: £4,250

At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£3,400.00) must be sent to Pancreatic Cancer UK 10 weeks before departure. The remaining 20% (£850.00) must be sent within 4 weeks of completing the challenge. If you have raised the necessary funds, Pancreatic Cancer UK will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). 

3. Flexi Option:

  • Registration fee: £495
  • Fundraising target: £3,240
  • Further personal contribution towards challenge costs 8 weeks before departure: £495

At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£2,592.00) must be sent to Pancreatic Cancer UK 10 weeks before departure. The remaining 20% (£648.00) must be sent within 4 weeks of completing the challenge. If you have raised the necessary funds, Pancreatic Cancer UK will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). 

What's Next: BOOK NOW! Remember to select Pancreatic Cancer UK as your chosen charity.