Login to Pancreatic Cancer UK

Great Wall of China

Registration fee: £395

What: This is a thrilling challenge of twists, turns, ups and downs. The Great Wall of China trek begins four hours north of Beijing. You will walk over 10,000 steps following the path along the Yan Mountains with views of the Gubeikou Gateway either side. The challenge will end in Beijing where you will get to explore some of the cities highlights. 

 Book Now

When: The treks runs from March to October. You can pick a date that suits you. 

Participation: The team size will be between 20 and 30 participants.

Preparation & Training: Training and a good level of fitness are definitely required due to the terrain.  Anyone who leads a fairly active and moderately healthy lifestyle should be able to take part in this trek with training. Remember, the more time you put into training the more you will get from the experience. Pancreatic Cancer UK will offer you support and advice to help with your training.

Sponsorship & Deadlines:

1. Self Funder 

  • Registration Fee: £395
  • Balance Payment (due 8 weeks before your challenge): £1,468
  • Fundraise as much as you can for Pancreatic Cancer UK. 

2. Minimum Sponsorship: 

  • Registration fee: £395
  • Fundraising target: £2,995.00

At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£2,396.00 must be sent to Pancreatic Cancer UK 10 weeks before departure and the remaining 20% (£599.00) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge. If you have raised the necessary funds, Pancreatic Cancer will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). 

3. Flexi Option:

  • Registration fee: £395
  • Fundraising target: £2,190.00
  • Further personal contribution towards challenge costs 8 weeks before departure: £395

At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£1,752.00) must be sent to Pancreatic Cancer UK 10 weeks before departure, and the remaining 20% (£438.00) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge. If you have raised the necessary funds, Pancreatic Cancer UK will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target).

Whatever fundraising option and trip you choose, the team at Pancreatic Cancer UK will be here to help!

What's Next:

Book Now

Remember to select Pancreatic Cancer UK as your chosen charity.