Patient and Carer Advisory Board
Our Patient and Carer Advisory Board is made up of a dedicated group of people with a direct personal experience of pancreatic cancer.
Their role is not simply to be a sounding board, but to be a critical friend to the charity, informing the direction of our support services and making sure that both PCUK and the wider cancer landscape keeps the experience of pancreatic cancer patients and their families as a priority.
During 2017, members of the Board…
- Participated in a NHS England Project into BME Cancer Patients and Carers
- Tested and gave feedback on our Patient Survey
- Participated in Research Involvement Network opportunities
- Reviewed papers on specialist procedures for NHS England
- Spoke at key events, including our Less Survivable Cancers Taskforce Launch
- Shaped and gave feedback on the design work and key messaging for our Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month fundraising campaign
- Were filmed for our All Party Parliamentary Group Inquiry Launch Video
- Helped to develop our Peer Support Service as part of our Steering Group
- Represented us at the Britain Against Cancer Conference
- Judged our Supporter and Health Care Professional Awards
- Judged our Annual Summit Research Poster competition
Membership of the Board rotates and vacancies do become available, so keep an eye on this page for these opportunities.
If you would like to find out more about the Patient and Carer Advisory Board you can read about them here.