World Pancreatic Cancer Day 2015
13th November marked World Pancreatic Cancer Day (WPCD). A day where organisations from across the world come together, to unite the world in one goal, to raise awareness of pancreatic cancer.
Last year was the inaugural WPCD which saw buildings and landmarks light up and events taking place across the UK and beyond, and WPCD 2015 was even bigger, with more buildings lighting up on the day.
Buidlings and landmarks that lit purple this year include;
- Armagh Gaol
- Antrim Civic Centre
- Blaenavon Purple Town of Hope, Wales
- Bridport Clock Tower, Dorset
- Brockwell Lido, London
- Cameo Picturehouse, Edinburgh
- Falkirk Wheel
- Folly Tower, Pontypool
- Hardys Statue, Dorchester
- Hilly Fields Medical Centre, London
- Llandudno Pier, Wales
- Llandudo Bay Hotel, Wales
- Marischal College, Aberdeen
- Macmillan Cancer Unit (Leighton Hospital)
- Mossley Mill
- Regent Theatre, Stoke-on-Trent
- Senedd Wales
- Stafford Castle, Staffordshire
- St Cadoc's Church, Pontypool
- St. Edwards Church, Leek
- St Marys Church, Rotherham
- The Courts Carlisle
- Titan Crane, Clydebank
- York Hospital
See our Purple Lights for Hope map to find out the exact locations.
We would like to thank the sponsors who made WPCD 2015 possible. These are:
Silver sponsors: Lilly Oncology, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt and Germany, NewLink Genetics Corporation and Novartis Oncology.