Questions to ask about pancreatic cancer radiotherapy
- Why is radiotherapy recommended for me?
- Will radiotherapy help control my cancer?
- Will radiotherapy help me to live longer?
- Will radiotherapy make surgery more likely?
- Will radiotherapy relieve any of my symptoms?
- Will I have chemotherapy as well as radiotherapy?
- What side effects am I likely to have?
- Will the side effects have an impact on my daily life?
- How long will the side effects last?
- How can the side effects be managed?
- Who do I contact if I have side effects?
- Which hospital will I go to for radiotherapy?
- Can I have radiotherapy closer to where I live?
- Are there any clinical trials involving radiotherapy or chemoradiotherapy that I could take part in?
- Are there any other treatment options that would be suitable for me?
Published July 2017
To be reviewed July 2019