What are the symptoms of coronavirus?
Common symptoms of coronavirus include:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours. If you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual
- a change to or loss of your normal sense of taste or smell
- fatigue (extreme tiredness).
Other symptoms include:
- blocked nose
- conjunctivitis (red eyes)
- sore throat
- muscle or joint pain
- different types of skin rash
- feeling and being sick
- diarrhea (runny poo)
- chills or dizziness.
Around 1 in 3 people with coronavirus do not have symptoms. But people with no symptoms can still infect others. So it is still very important to be careful.