Heard about Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month in November? Wondering how you can get involved, but need a little inspiration? Here are a few ideas...
Lingfield Race Day
We're turning Lingfield Races purple on 22nd November at our very first charity race day! We're incredibly excited about it, and there's plenty of ways you can get involved to help us raise both awareness and those all-vital funds to help us double survival rates within five years.
- Sponsor a race
- Book a table - or individual tickets - for our lunch reception
- Buy advertising space in the racecard or on the course itself
- Come to watch (and wear your finest purple!)
- Volunteer to help us on the day
It will be an afternoon of good quality National Hunt jump racing and plenty of fundraising fun at this, one of the most picturesque racecourses in the UK nestled within 450 (count 'em) acres of rolling Surrey countryside. Don't miss the opportunity to visit one of 'racing's most elegant courses'; it's only 40 minutes from London Victoria and a short walk from Lingfield Station. For more information, call the office on 020 3535 7090 or visit the Lingfield Racecourse website.
Stride For Survival
Like walking? Like walking for a good cause? How does 21km or 6km sound to you? Easy? Excellent! Our new Striding For Survival walk is taking place in the picturesque Lee Valley on 26th November and we're looking for 660 participants to join us (one for each of the 660 poeple diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer each month in the UK). To sign up for more information go to the Striding For Survival website, or call us on 020 3177 1669 and register over the phone.
And other ideas...
If neither the races nor walking are quite your cup of tea, there are plenty of other ways to get involved in Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month and pledge your support to help us double the survival rate for pancreatic cancer patients within five years.
- Contact your local MP:one of the best ways to make sure Westminster is listening to our concerns, is to contact your MP and ask them to support the Campaign For Hope. Click on the link to find out how you can get in touch with your MP and let them know you want them to make a difference.
- Attend our Day of Action:We're holding a Day of Action in Parliament on 1st November to kick off Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month. For details on how you can attend, click the link!
- Become a Pancreatic Cancer Voice:Your experiences of pancreatic cancer - whether it's having been diagnosed yourself or caring for someone who has - are very important to us. By becoming a Pancreatic Cancer Voice you can help raise the profile of pancreatic cancer in your local community and beyond. Click here to find out how.
Whatever you do, don't forget to shout about it on Facebook and Twitter - we're there and we're listening; let us know what you're planning to do!