If you're a fan of beautiful birds of prey, then read on; Alistair Leese, one of the youngest display falconers in the UK, is fundraising for Pancreatic Cancer UK in memory of his grandfather, Howard Noel Leese:
Alistair Leese and Chris Neal
"On 17th February 2013, Alistair Leese lost his grandfather, Howard Noel Leese OBE, to pancreatic cancer at King's Mill Hospital, Nottinghamshire. Since then Alistair, and the family have looked to ways of which they could help raise awareness for pancreatic cancer. Howard was the President of Bestwood Male Voice Choir and it was with this friendship, for the choir gathered, that Howard developed his passion to perform. This passion of performing continues in the family today.
Alistair undertakes many Falconry Displays along with Chris Neal, his business partner at Hawkeye Falconry, who are sponsored by Isuzu. They attend many shows over the show season including Living Heritage Country Fairs, who are known for their amazing family-fun days out. Hawkeye Falconry undertakes many displays, ranging from children's birthday parties, school talks, corporate events, festivals and country fairs all over the United Kingdom.
Alistair is one of the youngest display falconers, if not the youngest, in the whole of the United Kingdom and it was with this that his grandfather, Howard Noel Leese OBE, was so proud of all his achievements. Howard used to encourage Alistair all the time and with this encouragement, Alistair has now become one of the top display falconers. Hawkeye Falconry would like to return their thanks to Howard, by supporting Pancreatic Cancer UK at all the shows attended throughout the years to come. They will be attending a large number of shows throughout the year and will also be there raising awareness for pancreatic cancer."
Alistair and his team will be heading to the following displays:
- The Hampshire Country Fair - 5th and 6th May
- Moira Canal Festival - 18th and 19th May
- The May Bank Holiday Burghley Game and Country Fair - 26th and 27th May
- Lamport Hall Country Fair - 26th and 27th May
- The Woburn Abbey Country Fair - 8th and 9th June
- Orleton Festival - 8th June
- Uncle Henrys Open Farm Day, Lincolnshire - 9th June
- Cotswold Country Fair - 6th and 7th July
- Dunster Country Fair - 24th July
- The East Midlands Game and Country Fair - 3rd and 4th August
- Cheshire Game and Country Fair - 24th to 26th August
- Sandringham Game and Country Fair - 7th and 8th September
- The Wiltshire Game and Country Fair - 28th and 29th September
If you would like to contact Hawkeye Falconry please do get in touch by any of the following methods:
Phone: 0115 8375056
If you have an unusual way of fundraising for Pancreatic Cancer UK, get in touch! Email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us all about it...or head to our Facebook page and tell us about it there!