Research Innovation Fund
Pancreatic Cancer UK's 2018-19 Research Innovation Fund
Applications are now closed.
The Research Innovation Fund awards will provide short-term funding for innovative studies that will allow researchers to explore bold, new areas or approaches to pancreatic cancer. The awards are intended to support pilot work that will put researchers in a better position to apply to larger grants with us or other research funders to take ideas further forward towards benefits for people affected by pancreatic cancer.
Under the 2018-19 Research Innovation Fund round, a total of £770,000 was available. Projects were able apply for up to £110,000 between 1 and 3 years.
Applications from Scotland were encouraged as the Chief Scientist Office agreed to co-fund one award where the project will be hosted by a Scottish research institution.
The deadline for applications has now passed.
Key dates, Guidance notes for applicants, Terms and Conditions and an application form can be found below.
Key dates for the 2018-19 Research Innovation Fund:
- Mid July 2018 - Research Innovation Fund round opens for applications
- 1pm, Thursday 11 October 2018 - Deadline for applications
- October – end November 2018 - Eligible applications assessed by external peer reviewers
- December 2018 - Applicant rebuttal to peer reviews
- January – February 2019 - Applications assessed by Pancreatic Cancer UK’s Scientific Advisory Board
- Mid-February 2019 - Pancreatic Cancer UK’s Scientific Advisory Board meeting to discuss and rank the Research Innovation Fund applications
- Mid-March 2019 - Pancreatic Cancer UK’s Board of Trustees meets to finalise funding decisions
- End March 2019 - Applicants informed of the outcome of their application
- From summer 2019 - Successful Research Innovation Fund awards begin.
For more information or for any enquiries, please contact the Pancreatic Cancer UK Research team at email@example.com or 020 3871 9995.