Business Analyst – 6 months Fixed-Term Contract
About the role:
Are you an experienced business analyst looking for a new challenge?
We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join our fantastic Support, Research & Influencing team on a 6-months fixed-term contract to help us develop the first UK pancreatic cancer databank!
We believe improving access to treatment, care, and patient-reported data are critical for driving improvements in care and accelerating research progress, and supporting our mission to increase survival from pancreatic cancer.
The pancreatic cancer databank will contain data on treatment, care, and outcomes as well as patient-reported outcomes. It will include data from national datasets as well as patient-reported data collected directly from those affected via an app.
You will enable us to plan how we develop and implement this initiative and carry out associated due diligence and governance work to ensure the model is fit for purpose and any associated risks are managed appropriately.
Some of the main responsibilities of this role include:
- Leading the development of the pancreatic cancer databank initiative – including developing the business case, developing the strategy for the setup and implementation of the initiative, producing a detailed project implementation plan, and project managing the initiative through to launch.
- Ensure the databank initiative has a strong governance structure including considerations around GDPR, information governance, data security, and ethical approval.
- Conduct consultations with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the databank initiative will meet critical requirements. This includes consultations with those affected by pancreatic cancer, health professionals, and researchers. Support from other team members will be available as appropriate.
- Ensure processes are in place for app users to be integrated into the charity to access services and engage as supporters – this includes ensuring integration of the databank/app with our CRM and IT systems.
- You will have high-level business analysis skills and the experience of integrating a new initiative into an organisation.
- You’ll need a good understanding of data analytics, data modelling, and the principles of deriving data from a number of sources.
- Knowledge of key sources of health and cancer data and the bodies that maintain access to this data would be advantageous.
- Experience in developing and delivering large projects involving complex data from various sources is highly desirable.
Please see the job pack below for full details of the role.
It’s unacceptable that more than half of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer die within 3 months. Survival rates have improved enormously for most cancers, yet for pancreatic cancer, this is not the case. And, with treatment and care affected by the pandemic, the situation has only got worse.
Pancreatic Cancer UK is a national charity dedicated to taking on this injustice using every possible means. We’re supporting people with pancreatic cancer now, campaigning, and funding vital research to transform the future.
Working with us:
We are an inclusive employer committed to developing a diverse workforce and are looking for people who can demonstrate dedication to our cause and values. We offer a supportive place to work with helpful and friendly staff who report a high level of job satisfaction.
Contract: 6-months fixed-term contract
Salary: £57,570 – £60,600 per annum (Dependent on experience). The salary will be pro-rata for the duration of the contract.
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday).
Location: Home Based
Closing date: We are accepting applications and interviewing on a rolling basis.
Interview: Interviews will take place remotely via a Zoom video call
To apply, please read the job pack and submit your CV to our third-party agency via Jennifer.Littlehales@cvmpeople.com
You must have the right to work in the UK when you apply.
Download the job pack below: