Communities Engagement Officer, Scotland – 12-months Fixed-Term Contract
About the role:
Our amazing Nations and Local Volunteering Team is growing with a brand-new role in Scotland! We are seeking a Communities Engagement Officer!
You will support the Head of Scotland and Northern Ireland in building and maintaining connections with communities across Scotland to develop meaningful partnerships, grow the charity profile and help extend our reach to everyone who needs us. You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and expanding our networks by engaging communities, making connections, ensuring Pancreatic Cancer UK (PCUK) influencing activity, support and information reaches across Scotland.
Some of the main responsibilities of this role include:
- Build and maintain relationships with other charities in Scotland that may support people with pancreatic cancer, ensuring they are aware of, and can signpost to our support and information services.
- Along with the Head of Scotland & Northern Ireland, support policy, campaigning and influencing activity in Scotland, rolling out campaigns in the nation.
- Recruit, train, induct and co-ordinate local volunteers across Scotland ensuring that we are working to engage volunteers from diverse communities and growing the volunteer community.
- Build and support relationships with health professionals and hospitals across Scotland to raise awareness of our information and support services, securing static stands in hospital settings, when allowed.
- Maintain excellent records of activity across Scotland, ensuring that essential information is captured on Raisers Edge, appropriate record-keeping systems are in place and kept updated and conform to data protection legislation.
This is a part-time, home-based post with travel around Scotland (aligned with Government guidance) for a fixed term of 12 months in the first instance.
- You will have a proven ability in developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders and supporters
- You will have a proven ability in representing an organisation externally at meetings
- You will be able to coordinate volunteers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including delivering presentations.
If you feel excited and inspired by the prospect of joining us, I’d love to hear from you.
Please see the job pack below for full details of the role.
It’s unacceptable that more than half of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer die within 3 months. Survival rates have improved enormously for most cancers, yet for pancreatic cancer, this is not the case. And, with treatment and care affected by the pandemic, the situation has only got worse.
Pancreatic Cancer UK is a national charity dedicated to taking on this injustice using every possible means. We’re supporting people with pancreatic cancer now, campaigning, and funding vital research to transform the future.
Working with us:
We are an inclusive employer committed to developing a diverse workforce and are looking for people who can demonstrate dedication to our cause and values. We offer a supportive place to work with helpful and friendly staff who report a high level of job satisfaction.
- Contract: 12 months fixed-term contract
- Salary: £25,175 – £26,500 per annum pro-rata (Dependent on experience)
- Hours: Part-time, 21 hours per week, Monday to Friday (Flexible working will be discussed)
- Location: Remote-working (Home-based). However, please note you will need to either live in or live near Scotland as you need to be able to travel around Scotland for meetings.
- Closing date: Thursday, 28 October 2021 at 9 am. This role may close earlier if we receive a high number of suitable applications, please do apply early.
- Interview dates: Wednesday, 10 November 2021 (Interviews will take place remotely via a Zoom video call).
To apply, please read the job pack below and complete section 1 and section 2 of the application form, and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must have the right to work in the UK when you apply.
Download the job pack and application form below: