Database Officer – 1 Year Fixed-Term Contract
About the role:
We are seeking a Database Officer to join our fantastic data team on a 1 year- fixed-term contract. This is an important role in a dynamic and growing data team focussing on maintaining essential data streams between external sources and our fundraising and marketing database.
The data team is part of the fundraising and marketing directorate and our work underpins our marketing, fundraising, communications and patient support activities. The charity is rapidly growing and data plays and increasingly pivotal role in our fundraising, marketing, campaigning and services activities and consequently we are continually seeking to improve our data processes in order to better support these activities.
The successful candidate will work as part of the data team to provide a high-quality service to our internal stakeholders across the charity and will oversee day-to-day import processes as directed by the Database Manager, ensuring that the data we import is efficiently and accurately imported to the agreed schedule.
Some of the main responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure that supporter data from external sources is imported in an efficient manner and to agreed timelines onto the Raiser’s Edge
- Build queries as required in Raiser’s Edge in support of internal and external stakeholders as required
- Proactively provide data support for all internal stakeholders
- Ensure that all data is captured and recorded and in compliance with GDPR regulations and internal policies
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure import routines meet their reporting requirements
- Have knowledge of the charity sector and how databases are used to support fundraising and manage donor relationships
- Proven ability of working with Raiser’s Edge which include creating and managing records, Queries and data housekeeping
- Have knowledge of database processes, architecture and hierarchies
- Have good Excel skills and have familiarity with other software tools to manipulate data
- Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure import processes meet their reporting and analysis requirements
Please see the job pack below for full details of the role.
It’s unacceptable that more than half of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer die within three months. Survival rates have improved enormously for most cancers, yet for pancreatic cancer, this is not the case. And, with treatment and care affected by the pandemic, the situation has only deteriorated.
Pancreatic Cancer UK is a national charity dedicated to taking on this injustice using every possible means. We’re supporting people with pancreatic cancer now, campaigning to achieve lasting change, and funding vital research to transform the future.
Working with us:
We are an inclusive employer committed to developing a diverse workforce and are looking for people who can demonstrate dedication to our cause and values. We offer a supportive place to work with helpful and friendly staff who report a high level of job satisfaction. We are currently working remotely due to Covid-19 restrictions, but our main office is based in London on the river with views towards Westminster. We offer flexible working and we envisage once Covid restrictions are lifted, this role will be a blend of working from home and working in the office.
To apply, please read the job pack and complete section 1 and section 2 of the application form, and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract: 1 Year Fixed-Term Contract
Salary: £28,500 – £30,500 per annum (Dependent on experience)
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday).
Location: London SE1 (temporarily remote working from home)
Closing date: Monday, 2 August 2021 at 9 am.
Interview dates are 11 and 12 August 2021 (Interviews will take place remotely via a Zoom video call).
To apply, please read the job pack below and complete section 1 and section 2 of the application form, and send this to email@example.com.
You must have the right to work in the UK when you apply.
Download the job pack and application form below: