About the role
Are you looking to grow your career in high value fundraising and relationship management? Look no further, we are seeking a Philanthropy Officer to join our fantastic Philanthropy and Partnerships (P&P) Team!
You will support and engage high-value supporters and deliver stewardship at the highest level. Working closely with the Senior Relationship Manager and Head of Philanthropy & Partnerships, you will support members of the Development Fund Board (DFB) to maximise their income potential through their networks and events and manage a personal portfolio of additional major donors. You will also play a crucial role in helping identify new prospects and opportunities to increase philanthropy income as well as project managing key income-generating and stewardship events.
Some of the main responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing a portfolio of high value supporters and prospects, providing an outstanding supporter experience, and maximising the impact of their support.
- Project manage key fundraising events in the calendar that deliver a strong net income.
- Support our Director of Fundraising, Head of P&P and Senior Relationship Manager in the management of DFB member relationships and their networks as appropriate (ensuring the provision of briefings, preparation of compelling proposals and reports).
- Support with planning and delivering the P&P Team’s stewardship and cultivation programme to ensure supporters feel engaged and inspired.
- Work closely with the Senior Development Manager and Senior Relationship Manager to support the growth of the philanthropy pipeline (using desk research, database analysis, and through spotting opportunities)
- You will have a proven ability to manage positive relationships with supporters, donors, or other stakeholders
- You will be able to cultivate positive relationships within our organisation and with our external stakeholders
- You will be able to communicate sensitively and compassionately with our supporters who have been affected by pancreatic cancer
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills, both face to face and over the telephone
If you feel excited and inspired by the prospect of joining us, we’d love to hear from you!
Please see the job pack below for full details of the role.
It’s unacceptable that more than half of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer die within three months. Survival rates have improved enormously for most cancers, yet for pancreatic cancer, this is not the case. And, with treatment and care affected by the pandemic, the situation has only deteriorated.
Pancreatic Cancer UK is a national charity dedicated to taking on this injustice using every possible means. We’re supporting people with pancreatic cancer now, campaigning to achieve lasting change, and funding vital research to transform the future.
Working with us:
We are an inclusive employer committed to developing a diverse workforce and are looking for people who can demonstrate dedication to our cause and values. We offer a supportive place to work with helpful and friendly staff who report a high level of job satisfaction. We are currently working remotely due to Covid-19 restrictions, but our main office is based in London on the river with views towards Westminster. We offer flexible working and we envisage once Covid restrictions are lifted, this role will be a blend of working from home and working in the office.
To apply, please read the job pack and complete section 1 and section 2 of the application form, and send this to email@example.com
Salary: £28,500- £32,000 per annum (Dependent on experience)
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday).
Location: London SE1 (temporarily remote working from home)
Closing date: Monday 20 September 2021 at 9 am. This role may close earlier if we receive a high number of suitable applications, please do apply early.
Interview dates: Week commencing 27 September 2021 (Interviews will take place remotely via a Zoom video call).
You must have the right to work in the UK when you apply.
Download the job pack and application form below: