Research Strategy and Insights Manager
Are you looking to start the new year with a new and exciting role in Research?
Look no further as we are seeking a Research Strategy and Insights Manager to join our expanding Research team!
We are at a transformative stage of growth and development and we are increasing our investment in the research community. We have bold ambitions therefore, we are building our research capacity and resource with new posts and new structures. This will enable us to not just increase our research investment but to do it in the areas most needed for researchers to effectively drive changes in survival.
You will take responsibility for gathering and assimilating the information, perspectives, and insights from across the research community, research funding sector, and charity to define how we support researchers to improve survival for people with pancreatic cancer.
You will also work to understand the impact of our work, using these insights to inform the work of the research team and wider charity.
Some of the main responsibilities include:
- Develop processes, governance structures, and mechanisms to routinely and comprehensively engage and consult the research community in key strategic areas
- Utilise this intelligence to define new support and investment strategies to overcome critical challenges in these areas
- Developing new ways to continuously analyse and understand research inputs, outputs, and impacts
- Develop new research networks to provide the platform for the community to have closer more productive collaborations and understanding of the UK’s research environment
- Work closely with the Research Communications Manager to communicate our strategy initiatives and the outputs and impacts of our investment in research.
- You will have proven ability in developing and/or delivering strategic initiatives in consultation/partnership with external stakeholders
- Understand measuring and analysing research inputs, outputs, and impacts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident in networking, influencing, and negotiating with key stakeholders to build relationships and new partnerships
- Ability to conduct meetings, present to external audiences, and represent the organisation at seminars, workshops and be the subject matter expert both internally and externally
- Strong team-working skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, with good time-management
- Able to manage a busy and varied workload, whilst maintaining attention to detail, and meeting deadlines
For full details of the role, please see the JDPS.
It’s unacceptable that more than half of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer die within 3 months. Survival rates have improved enormously for most cancers, yet for pancreatic cancer, this is not the case. And, with treatment and care affected by the pandemic, the situation has only got worse.
Pancreatic Cancer UK is a national charity dedicated to taking on this injustice using every possible means. We’re supporting people with pancreatic cancer now, campaigning, and funding vital research to transform the future.
Working with us:
We are an inclusive employer committed and are looking for people who can demonstrate dedication to our cause and values.
We celebrate all aspects of diversity and inclusion and believe in appointing the right person for the role and, that there should be no barriers to work and employment. We are aiming to be an organisation whose workforce broadly reflects our society and creates a positive environment for everyone to flourish, therefore we particularly welcome applications from candidates who consider themselves to be in a diverse minority.
We offer a supportive place to work with helpful and friendly staff who report a high level of job satisfaction. We are currently working remotely due to Covid-19 restrictions, but our main office is based in London on the river with views towards Westminster. We offer flexible working and we envisage once Covid restrictions are lifted, this role will be a blend of working from home and working in the office.
• Contract: Permanent
• Salary: £36,100 per annum (please note this salary is inclusive of the London Weighting).
We will also consider home-based candidates in the UK with some visits to the London Office expected. The non-London weighting salary for a home-based worker is £32,775 per annum.
• Hours: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday).
• Location: London SE1 (temporarily remote working from home)
• Closing date: Monday 31 January 2022 at 12 pm
• Interviews will take place on 10 and 11 February 2022 – interviews will be offered via Zoom video call.
How to apply:
- Please read the JDPS and attachments below. You will need to complete the application form and send it alongside your CV to email@example.com
- Your application form and CV are to be saved in Microsoft Word format / PDF format as we are unable to open other document formats.
- Please address each point within the person specification’s table which has the title ‘Skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications’ in your application. This will enable the hiring managers to score your application accordingly when they come to shortlist candidates for an interview.
You must have the right to work in the UK when you apply.
Download the following documents below: