The coronavirus crisis has had a catastrophic effect on the charity sector as a whole, with thousands of events up and down the country being cancelled or postponed, resulting in billions of lost fundraising income. The organisers of the UK’s biggest mass participation events have set up the 2.6 Challenge to give you the opportunity to help charities like us through this crisis.
At Pancreatic Cancer UK, we need our supporters by our side now more than ever so that our nurses can give people affected by pancreatic cancer the practical information and emotional support they need, and to help ease the burden for our colleagues in the NHS.
How do I get involved?
- Decide on your 2.6 Challenge – get creative!
There are no rules –but we’d ask you to please follow government guidelines on how to exercise safely during this time.
- Set up a fundraising page
- Personalise your fundraising page
- Share your page with friends and family
- Look out for an email from us!
The funds you raise will help us make sure our nurses can be there for people affected by pancreatic cancer, when they are needed most.
Need inspiration for your 2.6 Challenge?
- Do Yoga for 26 minutes
- Skip in succession for 26 minutes
- Run up and down your stairs 26 times
Hold a handstand for 2.6 minutes
How can I help raise awareness and show that I am fundraising for Pancreatic Cancer UK?
- Wear something purple
- Download and print our ‘In aid of’ logo
- Draw or paint our logo as a backdrop for your challenge
Take up the #TwoPointSixChallenge and make your time in lock down count.