- Not everyone will get the same symptoms of pancreatic cancer or side effects of treatment, and people get different symptoms at different stages of their cancer.
- There are ways to manage most symptoms, which can improve how you feel, both physically and emotionally
- So speak to your doctor or nurse if you have any symptoms or side effects, for help managing them.
- Treatments for pancreatic cancer, such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy, can help with some of the symptoms – although they can also cause side effects.
- Taking capsules called pancreatic enzymes when you eat can help improve problems with digestion.
- Ask to be referred to a dietitian for help with problems with digestion and eating.
- Pancreatic cancer can cause diabetes, but this can be treated with tablets or insulin injections.
- Ask the doctor or nurse for help with any pain as soon as possible – painkillers and other treatments can help.
- Extreme tiredness (fatigue) is a common symptom. There are things that can help, like balancing rest with gentle exercise.