Open clinical trials
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information: Due to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19), clinical trials are not recruiting any new patients at the moment. Speak to your doctor or nurse if you would like to know more about this. If you are taking part in a clinical trial, your medical team will continue to support you and provide information. If you have pancreatic cancer and have any questions about how coronavirus might affect you, you can speak to our specialist nurses on our free Support Line, or visit the NHS website.
The current open trials for pancreatic cancer are listed below or you can use our Trial Finder to find a clinical trial nearest to you. We have summary information on the following trial types:
- trials for operable pancreatic cancer - when surgery to remove the cancer is possible
- trials for inoperable pancreatic cancer - when surgery is not possible
- trials looking at diagnosing pancreatic cancer
- trials looking at the causes of pancreatic cancer
- other trials
- A trial looking at chemotherapy and radiotherapy in locally advanced pancreatic cancer (SCALOP-2)
- A trial looking at olaparib with chemotherapy and radiotherapy for people with locally advanced pancreatic cancer (PIONEER)
- A trial looking at ACIT-1 immunotherapy for treating people with pancreatic cancer, and other cancers (ACIT-1)
- A phase 2 trial looking at a new drug FP-1305 to treat advanced cancers (MATINS).
- A phase 2 trial which will add the drug paricalcitol to chemotherapy for advanced pancreatic cancer (PINBALL).
- A screening study to learn more about the genetic causes of pancreatic cancer in people with familial pancreatic cancer and hereditary pancreatitis (EUROPAC)
- A phase 2 trial looking at endoscopic ultrasound-guided radiofrequency ablation to treat pancreatic cysts (RADIOCYST)
- A trial looking at different ways of preventing weight and muscle loss for people having treatment for advanced pancreatic cancer (MENAC)
- A study looking at the genetics of pancreatic cancer and how this may affect treatment (PRECISION-Panc)
- PanDA: Pancreatic Cancer Dietary Assessment