Thinking about your future care
If you have advanced pancreatic cancer, you may want to think about what will happen if your cancer gets worse.
What's in the 'Your care' section?
- Your local pancreatic cancer specialist centre
- Healthcare team members
- How do I get a second opinion?
- Local nursing support
- Social care and home care
- Who do I contact in an emergency?
- What do I do if I have concerns about care?
- What are palliative care and supportive care?
- Thinking about your future care
You may want to think about what care you would or wouldn’t want, before you need it.
This is called advance care planning. It can be harder to make decisions about your care if you become more unwell. Thinking about the future can be difficult or upsetting to do, but it can help you to feel more in control and prepared.
Published September 2019
To be reviewed September 2021