If you have concerns about your care

If you have concerns about your care, it's important that you raise these. Don't be worried that this will affect future treatment and care.

NHS Care

If you have concerns about the NHS care you are getting, then talk to your doctor or nurse first. You can speak to our specialist nurses on our free Support Line to guide you through this process.

If talking to the doctor or nurse doesn’t improve the situation, you may want to take the issue further.

If you are not happy with the response you receive, you can contact the Ombudsman. This is an organisation that handles health complaints. These include:

Private healthcare

With private healthcare, you should first talk to the doctor or nurse about your concerns. If the situation isn’t sorted out you can speak to the organisation that regulates the service. For example, you can report certain complaints to:

Citizens Advice have more information about complaining about private healthcare.

Updated September 2019

Review date September 2021