What can I do?
- Understand how their fatigue is affecting them. Everyone experiences fatigue differently. It can go on for some time after treatment, and it can vary from day to day.
- You may be able to help them cope emotionally.
- You can help arrange a specific time each day when they will rest, so that everyone else knows not to disturb them.
- You can help with household tasks. Ask other family and friends to help, too.
- You could take on responsibility for organising daily life. For example, paying bills and organising medical appointments.
- You may take on some caring responsibilities. This might include helping with medicines, cooking, or helping them wash and dress.
- You may also need to organise professional care.
- If it isn’t safe for them to drive, you could do the driving. If you are doing a lot of caring, be aware that you might also be very tired. So it may not be safe for you to drive either. Ask other family and friends to help.
- If they have children, you could help care for them.