General diet tips for pancreatic cancer
If you have pancreatic cancer, taking pancreatic enzymes can help you digest your food. This can help with diet symptoms. Don’t forget to take pancreatic enzymes when you eat.
If you are having problems eating or you are losing weight, these tips may help.
- If you can’t manage large portions, try eating smaller amounts more often – for example three small meals and three snacks a day.
- Every mouthful helps. If you feel sick or very full, have a break and eat some more an hour or so later.
- Eating even a small amount can be a big achievement – try to set realistic goals for yourself. It’s normal to have good and bad days with how much you can eat.
- Freeze portions of homemade dishes if you don’t feel like cooking, or try ready meals.
- Keep snacks close by so that you can eat whenever you feel like it.
- Sometimes, the smell of food can put you off. If a family member or friend can cook for you that might be a big help.